Scholarship | Teaching | Presentations
J. Epp, J. McKee (2015) Digging Up: A Five-Year Journey to Instructional-Design Stability in a Post-secondary Distance Education Unit, Canadian Journal of University Continuing Education, Vol. 40, issue 2.
C.Epp, J.Epp (2009) Broadening Perspectives, Breaking Down Boundaries: On-line Initiatives for the Ceramic Artist, Celcius: Peer-reviewed on-line Journal, issue 1.
Peer-reviewed proposal for, Introduction to Adult Learning and Education, Oxford University Press, (2011)
Academic Writing Samples
- Journal Article – Broadening Perspectives, Breaking Down Boundaries: On-line Initiatives for the Ceramic Artist
- Curriculum – Introduction to Emerging Technologies, Course Guide
- Academic Proposal – ECMM 992.3 Project Proposal for M.Ed completion
College of Education, University of Saskatchewan
- ETAD 402.3: Multimedia Design and Production (current)
College of Arts & Science, University of Saskatchewan, Interdisciplinary Centre for Culture and Creativity
- INCC 210.3: Digital Communication and Design: Introduction to Methods & Applications (current)
- INCC 110.1: Digital Literacy and Culture: Designing for Print and Screen (current)
Centre for Continuing and Distance Education, University of Saskatchewan, Certificate in Adult & Continuing Education (CACE)
- CACE 26.3: Instructional Design for Adult Education (2009- Present)
- CACE 11: Foundations of Adult Education (2015-present)
- CACE 12.3: Facilitating Adult Learning (2010)
Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectiveness (GMCTE), University of Saskatchewan
- Course Design Institute (CDI) Developed and presented material for the annual CDI in 2013 and as part of the flipped delivery mode in 2014
Business and Leadership Program (BLP), CCDE, University of Saskatchewan
- Introduction to Emerging Technologies: Finding Function in Social Media and Web 2.0, Business and Leadership Program (2011-2012)
Distance, Off-campus, and Certificates (DOC), CCDE, University of Saskatchewan
- Wiki’s, Blogs and ePortfolios, CCDE PD Workshop, May 14, 2010
- Add Learner Fun & Engagement with Serious Games, CCDE PD Workshop, March 19, 2010
- Get a Second Life via the Virtual World, CCDE PD Workshop, January 22, 2010
- Web Conferencing – Connect Live Online, CCDE PD Workshop, November 20, 2009
Educational Media Access & Production (eMAP), University of Saskatchewan
- Studio-in-a-box: Video Production Workshop, Educational Media Access and Production (eMAP), (2007-2009)
Other Workshop Instruction and Development
Family Service Saskatoon
- Performing Arts for Youth Program workshop series, (2007)
Sask.Gov., PAVED Arts, White Buffalo Youth Lodge
- YouthDOCS documentary filmmaking workshop series, Funded by the Saskatchewan Government Communities Initiatives Grant in collaboration with PAVED Arts and White Buffalo Youth Lodge, (2005-2007)
Faculty Development Projects
- J.Epp. (2015) Open & Shut: Leadership in the Social World, Leadership Saskatoon: SANDBOX Lunch and Learn Series, Saskatoon, SK., Canada, January 28, 2015
- J.Epp. (2011) A Taste of Technology: Finding Function in Social Media, Saskatchewan Association of Human Resource Professionals Annual Luncheon, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, January, 2011
- Valuing Continuing Education: Programs, Promotion and Processes, Quality Standards for Distance Delivery, Canadian Association for University Continuing Education (CAUCE), November, 2014
- J.Epp, D.Trottier. (2013) Tools, Trends and Strategies for Successful Distributed Learning II, TLt 2013, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, May 01, 2013.
- J.Epp, D.Trottier. (2012) Tools, Trends and Strategies for Successful Distributed Learning, Tech Week 2012, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, October 29, 2012.
- J. Epp, C. Gates, D. Trottier. (2008) Innovative Interfaces Within Reach. Teaching and Learning to the Power of Technology (TLt), Saskatoon, SK, Canada, May, 2008.
- J.Epp, T. Kohlruss. (2006) Camtasia for the Classroom. University of Saskatchewan’s Technology Forum: Tech Week, Saskatoon, SK. Canada, October, 2006.
General Academic PD Presentations
- J.Epp, J.McKee, A.Storey, M.Voinorosky. Copyright & Creative Commons – What’s Legal?, CCDE PD presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, February 25, 2010.
- J.Epp, J.Koroluk, J.McKee. Online Assignments – Marking Them Efficiently in Blackboard, CCDE PD presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, December 11, 2009.
- J.Epp, J.McKee. Smart Board Sympodium & Notebook Software, CCDE PD presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, October 30, 2009.
- J.Epp, J.McKee. The World of Instructional Design, CCDE PD presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, September 18, 2009.
- J.Epp, J. McKee. A Taste of Technology, CCDE PD presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, April 29, 2009.
- J.Epp, J. McKee. Conferencing: Videoconferencing, CCDE PD presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, March 25, 2009.
- J.Epp. Out Your Front Door, College of Education Mini-Conference, ECMM 992 Project Presentation, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, March 14, 2009.